Saturday 30 April 2016

My Precious Experience in Australia

Hello!  I'm Haruka. 
My New University
About one month has passed since I came to Australia, Brisbane.  This is my first home stay and foreign country.    Everything was new for me; new family, new house, new school, new class, new friends and so on!  Therefore, I was really nervous at first.  Moreover, I can't speak English well.  I didn't have any opportunity to speak English a lot.  I was often disappointed at me because I couldn't understand what host mother and other students said and explain what I wanted to say almost every day.  Sometimes I cried unconsciously.  Also, I came to miss my hometown, my family and friends in Japan...

Lone Pine with My Host Family
However, thanks to kindness of those who around me, I got used to my new life gradually.  I went to Gold Coast, Lone Pine, Mt.Coot-tha and so on.  Also, one of my classmates always makes plans to hang out with classmates, 5 Pink.  All plans were really exciting!  In addition, I was invited a home party.  It was also very enjoyable.  I could talk with foreign students and make many friends.  Talking with foreign friends is very funny because there are various differences between countries.
Picnic with 5 Pink and Tanja
 Honestly, I don't want to study English hard.  I like just communication like chat, but I have to do because whether I can go to the UQ is decided by my score of IELTS.  First session was already over.  Time has passed really fast!  I miss my class, 5 Pink and an extraordinary teacher, Tanja.  I want to be a teacher like her in the future.  I have many worris about next session.  Anyway, I'll do my best.

9 comments:

  1. Indeed.
    I can't believe it's been already may.
    and thank you for leading us as a leader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't do anything as a leader...
      But thakn you! Have a nice haliday!

      Delete
  2. Hi Haruka - I'm glad you manages to overcome your difficulties and culture shock. Having people around to help and support you really makes a big difference. All the best with your next class and IELTS test!

    Henno

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Haruka
    You seem to be able to spend good time in Australia. Let's do our own best to get good score on IELTS
    I hope your safety trip to Sydney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Taichi. I could have a nice trip. I hope your trip at Noosa will be good !

      Delete
    2. Haruka,
      I'm happy to know that you're enjoying your stay in Brisbane!
      I think we didn't talk so much in last session, so I'd like to listen to your story in next session!
      Yumiko

      Delete
  4. Hi, Haruka. How are your pierce holes going? lol
    I hope you experience many things that you can't do at Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we can enjoy the time together.

    ReplyDelete